Sales and Concessions
Sections within this page:
Keeping in mind that people will buy anything, consider the possibilities when you offer them something of value and tell them the money is for a good cause! Remember that various degrees of planning and preparation will be necessary depending on what you are selling and where. Strike a committee of individuals and assign people to obtain the merchandise or product, sell the merchandise, track costs and revenues, secure a site and take care of the clean up.
- Everyone is familiar with a bake sale. To make it more interesting and profitable, try the following:
- Select a site (your business, the mall, a sporting event, etc.);
- Design an entry form;
- Create categories (most extravagant, most imaginative);
- Solicit entries from your employees, families, friends, community and church groups;
- Collect entry fees;
- Have judges to announce winners;
- After the judges announce the winners, the baked goods can be sold to raise additional funds.
Rent space to creative artisans in your community. Charge a flat fee for each day local artists and crafts people exhibit and sell their handmade creations. Charge admission to the sale.
A few buckets, sponges, some car wash soap, soft towels, water and lots of elbow grease is all it takes to turn a few spare hours into extra cash. Three volunteers per car is the rule of thumb. Best locations are gas stations and shopping mall parking lots.
One of Telemiracle’s simplest and most successful fundraisers. These paper hands are sold for a Loonie (or more). They can be offered at retail locations, special events, community activities, and at workplace venues for employee or public fundraising.
Helping Hands are signed by the purchaser and affixed to a display area at the retail or workplace location.
Implementing a Helping Hand Program:
- Contact the Telemiracle office to receive your Helping Hands free of charge;
- Place the Helping Hands at cash registers/check out stations and have your cashiers ask customers if they would like to buy a hand for a suggested donation of a Loonie;
- This contribution becomes a direct donation from your store to Telemiracle;
- The purchaser can sign the paper hand and have it displayed prominently in the store. Paper Hands can be hung on walls, windows or ceilings to generate maximum awareness and thank your contributors;
- Helping Hands create a win-win situation for everyone involved. Your store generates significant community awareness while raising money for Telemiracle: consumers feel good about helping local people; and most importantly, your generosity makes it possible for people in your community to receive the care they need.
Helping Hands can soar as high as your imagination can take them . . . so have fun!
People in your community will thank you!
Produce a coupon book for an industry sector in your area (golf, dining, entertainment, etc.). Work with sponsors (golf courses, restaurants, etc.) to obtain discount prices that can be featured in the book. Once the books are completed, develop an agreement with a local merchandiser to sell the books for you (you may want to include the merchant in the book as a sponsor).
A golf coupon book can be produced to include coupons for local golf courses and golf stores. A sub-contractor can be use to help secure the offers and complete the printing of the books. The books can also be used in golf tournaments. The entry fee can be increased with the coupon book being added into a gift bag.
Rent tables in a hall or space in a parking lot to people who are interested in selling possessions they no longer want or need. Charge an admission price. To raise additional funds, your group could also set up your own table. If you’re not interested in organizing your own flea market, rent a table and gather unwanted items from your co-workers, friends and family and donate the proceeds to Telemiracle.
A book sale can be a popular and profitable employee event. Have employees bring in books from home to sell to each other, clients and friends with the proceeds going to Telemiracle.
Your selling point with a cookbook should be that most of the recipes it contains are original rather than clipped from other sources. Give considerable thought to design and illustrations. Theme your book and collect recipes from your employees. The price of your cookbook will be determined by the cost of production, promotion, distribution or selling. You can sell your cookbooks to your employees and friends, at fairs, trade shows and other events and as gifts.
Just like a traditional garage sale but it can be held in your parking lot. Have employees bring in items they don’t use anymore to sell to each other, customers and friends. This is an inexpensive way to generate a donation since the only requirement would be tables for the items and staff volunteering their time to run the tables.
Everybody loves chocolate! If you have a large group of employees or a large customer or client base, you can generate significant funds through chocolate sales.
There is an opportunity to sell food and refreshments at any event where people gather. Consider taking over the refreshment stand at a sports event or other affair, either one time or as a regular concession staffed by your employees. You need a location with lots of traffic, and preferably one with the necessary equipment already installed. If not, try to use your own equipment (BBQ’s, coolers); depending on what food items you are selling. With most concessions, volume is the key to profit. Make sure the foods that you are selling are appropriate to the venue.
Looking for a fundraising idea for the Christmas season. How about gift boxes? You can sell these boxes to co-workers, family and friend with proceeds going to Telemiracle.
Have bumper stickers made up by a local company (if they know the purpose of the idea they may even donate printing). These can have sayings such as “Support Telemiracle” or “I support Telemiracle”. These can be sold for three or four dollars each and besides drawing proceeds they will encourage others on a wide spectrum to support Telemiracle as well.